Sonic toothbrushes are the most advanced, best cleaning brushes on the market. When a person wants to ensure that their teeth are clean and that they maintain a high level of dental hygiene, there is nothing better than a sonic brush. We have searched high and low to find the top brush that money can buy.
The 3 Best Rated Sonic Toothbrush
Which is the best sonicare toothbrush to buy? Based on our research, prices, features and opinions, we have narrowed down our list to the 3 best sonic toothbrushes on the market.
1.Philips Sonicare DiamondClean – Best Sonicare Toothbrush For Gum Disease
The DiamondClean model is the top sonic brush you can buy and has many positive reviews to back these claims. Those that want whiter teeth without the hassle will choose the DiamondClean above any other product on the market. This is as good as it gets and the main benefits couldn’t get any better than this:
- Whitening – In just 1 week, a user’s teeth will be visibly whiter and healthier.
- Gum Health – In 2 weeks’ time, a person’s gums will be much cleaner and healthier.
- Double Plaque Removing – Hard to reach places are always packed with plaque and lead to cavities and bad dental hygiene. With double the cleaning power of a manual brush, a person will be able to remove more plaque from the hard-to-reach back molars and teeth.
- Timer – A 30 second timer alerts users when they have brushed the current quadrant of their mouth adequately and should proceed to the next region.
- Multiple colors – You can choose between white and black.
The DiamondClean package also comes with everything a person needs to fully ensure that they can start using this product immediately. A convenient charger glass and USB charging case are included as well as the Sonicare DiamondClean and respective heads.
With the specialized cleaning modes for teeth whitening and sensitive teeth, this is the most advanced product that boasts sonicare cleaning. While this brush is more expensive than its counterparts, it is simply unmatched when it comes to features and price.Check Price On Amazon
2.Philips Sonicare HX9110/02 Flexcare Platinum – Best Sonicare Toothbrush For Braces
While this brush is not as advanced as its counterpart, it is still a viable product that packs immense cleaning power.
- Cleaner Teeth – Each minute, users are utilizing 31,000 brush strokes to ensure that they never have plaque on their teeth.
- Between Teeth Cleaning – Remove up to 7 times the plaque that is often stuck between teeth. This far exceeds the level of cleaning that a manual brush provides. Aside from flossing, it is virtually impossible to remove this much plaque in such a short time.
- Modes – Brushing habits are catered to with 3 brushing modes for regular cleaning, whitening and also sensitive teeth.
- Healthier Gums – Just like its counterpart, statistics show that users will enjoy healthier gums in only two weeks. Those with gingivitis will find this extremely helpful.
Users that want a modern sonic device that is moderately priced and still provides an adequate cleaning will find the Flexcare Platinum to be perfect. It has the cleaning power of the DiamondCare, but lacks some useful modes and features. If you can live without these extras, this is the right choice for you.
The Philips Sonicare HX9110/02 Flexcare Platinum is a high-end electric toothbrush that truly makes brushing to the next level.
With 3 different cleaning modes and 3 different settings, users can truly personalize their brushing experience.
This powered toothbrush is also powered by sonic technology for an even healthier clean. Let’s take a closer look at this model’s features to see if this is the right brush for you.
The HX9110/02 offers a number of attractive features that are designed to make brushing as simple and convenient as possible.
9 Brushing Experiences
This model features three cleaning modes and three intensity settings to create 9 different brushing experiences.
- Clean – This is the basic cleaning mode for this model and is ideal for everyday brushing.
- White – The “white” mode offers a deeper cleaning to remove surface stains and brighten your smile.
- Gum Care – This mode provides a more focused cleaning to reduce inflammation and gum bleeding.
- Read full specs here
The low setting is ideal for those with sensitive teeth or who are just getting started with powered toothbrushes.
Advanced Plaque Removal
Philips’ InterCare brush head removes up to seven times more plaque when compared to a manual toothbrush. Powered by sonic technology, the brush can perform up to 31,000 brush strokes per minute. This provides a deep cleaning that is on the same level as a professional cleaning. As an added bonus, the bristles on the InterCare head fade from blue to white to indicate that it’s time to replace the brush head.
The brush’s sonic technology also pushes fluid between the teeth to gently remove plaque hidden along the gum line.
Dentists recommend brushing for two minutes, three times per day. The HX9110/02 offers two different timing modes to ensure your teeth receive a thorough cleaning every time you use your brush.
- The Quadpacer is an interval timer that indicates when it’s time to move from one quadrant of the mouth to another.
- The Smarttimer is an overall timer that helps you reach the recommended two minute brushing time.
An intuitive pressure sensor alerts you when you are brushing too hard. This helps prevent damage to the gum line and tooth enamel. Brushing too hard can also cause sensitive teeth. The pressure sensor helps avoid this issue and helps keep your teeth looking their best.
Extended Battery Life
The Flexcare Platinum also comes with an impressive battery life. After a complete 24-hour charge, the battery will last approximately three weeks before needing another charge. This is based on typical use of two minutes of brushing, twice per day.
An LED indicator on the brush handle displays the battery life and will blink when it needs to be recharged. This model’s long battery life makes it the ideal brush for those who travel often. To make the brush even more travel-friendly, it comes with a special travel case, multi-voltage charger and two hygienic caps.
- Superior plaque removal: Thanks to sonic technology, this model is far more efficient at removing plaque than manual brushing alone. With an impressive 31,000 strokes per minute, the brush is able to eliminate plaque from those hard-to-reach areas of the mouth.
- Multiple brush settings: The brush’s 3 cleaning modes and 3 intensity modes allow you to personalize your brushing experience.
- Pressure sensor: The automatic pressure sensor will prevent you from brushing too hard and inadvertently damaging your teeth.
- Long battery life: The three week battery life of the HX9110/02 is far longer than many of its competitors. This model is ideal for those who are always on the go and travel often.
- High price tag: This model is a bit more costly than others on the market, but its advanced features and impressive cleaning modes make it well worth the extra cost.
- No UV sanitizing: Some users of the brush were disappointed by the fact that it does not include a UV sanitizing feature. This is a feature that some have come to expect from high-end electric toothbrush models.
The Philips Sonicare HX9110/02 Flexcare Platinum is a great investment for those that are serious about keeping their teeth healthy and clean.
With 9 brushing experiences and the ability to remove up to 7 times more plaque than manual brushing, this product gives a professional cleaning every time.
Although the price is a bit higher than other models on the market, the long battery life and advanced cleaning modes make it a worthwhile investment. Check Price On Amazon
3.Philips Sonicare HX6921/02 -Best Sonicare Toothbrush For The Price
While some of the features may be missing that users deem as “must-have,” this is still the ideal choice for many. In fact, the following benefits can be seen with prolonged use:
- Healthier Gums – Reduce inflammation, recession and bleeding within 2 weeks of usage.
- Plaque Removal – Users can expect double the plaque removal of a manual brush and will have teeth that are cleaned to perfection after each use.
- 5 Modes – Not only can this brush clean teeth adequately, but it also comes with 5 modes to ensure healthy gums and brighter teeth. Switching between modes allows users to control the cleaning provided.
The Flexcare Plus provides more than enough features to compete with the best models on the market, but boasts a lower cost. While this model may not be as beneficial as the DiamondCare or the Flexcare Platinum, it is still able to provide 31,000 brush strokes a minute and cleaner teeth. For the budget-friendly shopper, this is priced just right.Check Price On Amazon
Sonic Technology Benefits
Sonic Technology is the power behind the Sonicare line of electric toothbrushes and is a major benefit to all users. Sonic Technology is the utilization of 31,000 brush strokes in a mere minute.
These strokes are provided using a combination of mouth-contouring brush heads that ensure users can get to hard to reach areas of the mouth when brushing.
Backed by clinical studies, this technology has proven to be highly effective in the fight against tartar, plaque and gum disease.
There are dozens of benefits when using Sonicare products that include this patented technology. The most pertinent benefits included the following:
Proven to Work by Over 50 University Studies
Philips has had this technology examined and researched by over 50 clinical studies. Each study was done by a research institute that examined the state of a test subject’s teeth before and after using Sonic Technology.
All of these studies uses a Sonicare electric toothbrush during their trials. Every study came back with a seal of approval noticing a major reduction in:
- Extended studies noticed that teeth started to become whiter over time and that gum disease and gingivitis was no long an issue.
Plaque Removal Power
Utilizing the DiamondClean electric toothbrush, the removal of plaque versus a manual toothbrush is simply unmatched.
Using the same cleaning duration, users were found to remove 5 times more plaque with Sonicare than that of a manual toothbrush. This study occurred over a 4 week period.
Removing more plaque leads to overall better oral hygiene and reduces the risk of tooth decay.
Gingivitis and Gingival Bleeding
The fight against gingivitis is one that is lifelong. Dentists that have used manual toothbrushes before have noted a severe reduction in gingivitis when Sonicare was introduced.
This reduction, when tested, showed that Sonicare products were able to reduce gingivitis by twice the amount of a manual toothbrush over a 4 week period.
Stain Removing and Teeth Whitening
The immense amount of strokes per minute is simply no match for teeth that are stained. Even those that drink coffee regularly have seen results in just 2 weeks using products that use Sonic Technology.
Results occur in just 2 weeks’ time where teeth are one shade whiter than before using this technology. Stains were greatly removed when used for a longer duration. There are specific whitening brush heads that are offered to provide the utmost in whitening power using Sonic Technology in the process.
Sensitive gums can lead to further pain and discomfort when brushing. Using a Sonicare electric toothbrush will allow you to brush rapidly, but with the gentle touch needed for sensitive teeth. There are specific bristles designed for those with sensitive gums as well as sensitivity settings to ensure that your brushing never causes you pain.
Kids that experience pain or discomfort when brushing are less likely to maintain a proper brushing schedule. With Sonicare’s gentle brushing techniques, kids are more likely to continue adequate brushing habits.
The Stimulation of Saliva
Dry mouth can be caused by a lack of saliva within the mouth. This dryness can be harmful and lead to infection or tooth decay over time. Sonicare products stimulate a person’s saliva so that dry mouth is no longer an issue.
The added saliva will actually prevent infections from occurring as well as lower the risks of tooth decay.
Safe to Use on Dental Restorations
Crowns, implants, braces and other tooth restoration procedures leave the teeth at risk of being damaged again using a manual toothbrush. Utilizing Sonicare electric toothbrushes has reduced enamel erosion and has been tested and found safe when used on implants, crowns, fillings and other restorations.
Conclusion – The Best Sonic Toothbrush for You
Sonicare simply outshines the competition and provides an unmatched level of cleaning. While there are a plethora of different Sonicare models on the market, we did our best to ensure that you have the top 3 sonic brushes to choose from.
With a variety of different features and price ranges, one of these brushes will be the ideal teeth cleaning solution for every shopper.